Thursday, May 11, 2017

Family Room Furniture

I've been sharing pictures of our family room lately and have gotten a lot of questions about sources. I thought I would put together a post sharing all of the details on some of the big pieces in our room. So first up is our beautiful Bernhardt sectional.




I have always wanted a chesterfield style sofa because just love the classic rolled arms and tufted back. It really is the perfect tansitional piece, that can either go more traditional or modern depending on the accessories you pair it with. I just love the back tufting and the fact that it always stays neat and looks good.





Here is a view from our kitchen looking into the family room.



Our sectional is called the London Club by Bernhardt. I’m linking the page for the London Club on their site. It looks like it is still available through some online retailers if you search for it or if there is a Bernhardt retailer near you. I would also like to point out that you can get the London Club in a sofa or loveseat if you want something smaller. This is a very large piece, which was great for us, but maybe not for everyone. My husband and I like to have plenty of room to spread out and the pets need their space too. This is the perfect piece for all of us! Check out the details below.




I originally wanted to go with a linen fabric because I love the look, but our wonderful saleswoman talked me out of it. She suggested going with more of a blend, or poly-blend fabric because it would be easier to keep clean. Let me just say that was some of the best advice! This piece of furniture gets used more than any other in the hosue and it’s still a beautiful off-white. We just spot clean and it’s held up great. With two adults, a dog, and two cats it’s amazing how great it still looks! Here is the fabric we chose below. I pulled the actual swatch from Bernhardt’s website, but am also including a close-up picture of our sofa.









Nailhead Color


Wooden Legs


I’ve also had a some questions about our coffee table. I am including a link where you can find it. I think the legs are what make this piece really unique.





The table has this really cool lift up feature that makes it easy to eat a snack or work on your laptop!



I'm also including the details on our rug. Here's a close-up.




It is made by Loloi and called the Nyla rug. I have it in the slate color way. It is a warmer blue with hints of gray. The colors look much better in person than on some of the online pictures. You can get a better idea of the overall pattern below.




Let me know if there are any other pieces you want to know more about and I'll be happy to let you know sources!