Saturday, December 12, 2015

Holiday house tour

This is my first official post for The Journey Home. There is so much I want to share and I hope you will enjoy coming here. My husband and I got married this year and it is our first year in the house for Christmas. We have four furry babies (3 cats and a dog) and I'm sure you'll see them all at some point. I've had such an amazing time decorating and figuring out what I want to do around the house this year. I just love seeing the transformation that happens when you are finished and it makes all of those hours spent worth it! Today I want to share our formal living room...
 
We have a big ten foot tree in here that I love to pack full of ornaments. This is a special room where we will exchange gifts with family, drink cocoa, and spend time with loved ones. I am normally an all neutral girl, but it has been fun adding pops of red in this room for Christmas. I just love the festive looking red and white candy cane stripes. They just make me happy!
 
I used all off-white stockings on the mantel. There are two different styles and one for each of the fur babies! Two are a channel stitched velvet and two are a cable knit. They are all from Pottery Barn and I just love them! I don't think they are all available online anymore, but you might be able to find them in stores. The sparkle letters on the stockings are also from there and those are still online.
 

Here is the view from our stairs. I love coming down each morning to this view with all of the natural light coming in. My husband gets up earlier than I do and has the lights on for me by the time I come down...he's so sweet!

Our sweet boy Baxter showing us his favorite holiday pillow from HomeGoods. He loves pillows almost as much as his momma! Do you have a shopping problem when the lady from HomeGoods recognizes you?


I love Christmas lights at night. Aren't they just so magical? I'll have more of our home decorations tomorrow when I share our family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment