Sunday, December 13, 2015

Holiday House Tour Continued

Today I wanted to share the other space in our home that I decorated for the holidays. This is our family room. We spend most of our time in the evenings relaxing in this room. It is right off of our kitchen and we also have a TV in there. It's a great place to unwind by the fire.

 
This is the view looking into the family room from our kitchen. I love seeing that little tree and our mantel all lit up in the mornings or in the evenings while I'm in the kitchen. It just makes me happy!
 

Here is a closer view of the mantel and stockings. I really wanted a neutral but glamorous look in here. I used a couple types of greenery garland and then added ornaments and pinecones throughout. I also have some of my Great Grandmother's crocheted snowflakes in there which are very special to me. There are two knit stockings that have Swarovski crystals and the leopard print stocking actually has clear sequins all over the top of the print. The leopard print really adds something and helps to tie everything together. There is also a beaded string garland behind the stockings. I love the extra sparkle it adds!
Leopard Stocking: http://www.hobbylobby.com
 
 
Here are some close-ups of the tree. I really wanted a flocked tree this year, so last minute we decided to add a second tree. It's a little 6 foot tree and it's just perfect in this room. It really lights up the space and makes it feel special!

 
I used all metallic ornaments, white berries, gold birds and silver ribbon accents. Since we wouldn't be putting presents underneath this tree I knew I wanted to put it in a basket. I found a basket I liked at homegoods and added a fake fur rug to give it that cozy and snowy feeling.
 
 
Here's one last image of the tree and mantel. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment