Thursday, April 21, 2016

One Room Challenge: Week Three

So, not a lot has actually happened in the powder room itself, but look what arrived! So excited to get this put up. It's really beautiful in person!
 
 
I took a close-up of the paper to show all of the wonderful printed texture that comes through.
 

 
Here is an explanation of how they get that wonderful texture and how they are printed directly from the Farrow and Ball website:

Wallpapers are generally made using ink. Not ours. Determined to follow in our founder’s footsteps, we use traditional block and trough printing methods as well as our own richly pigmented paint, to give each design a sumptuous and tactile texture, unique to Farrow & Ball.

The chosen paint is applied to the etched surface of the block through a trough and roller, and the block is then carefully pressed onto the paper, like a stamp.


 
I also love that these papers are eco-friendly.
More from their site...

Our wallpapers are created using our eco friendly water based paints and paper sourced only from FSC® accredited.



I've also been researching a lot of bathroom fixtures. All lucite and brass of course! I thought I would share some of the great finds I've come across...

 
1. Lux Holdups - So beautiful these lucite towel bars are my top choice
2. CB2 - Love the modern design of this brass towel bar (there's also a TP holder)
3. CB2 - This acrylic towel bar is a great option that is more affordable than the lucite and brass.
 
 
 
 
While I was exploring the towel racks on CB2 I came across some great shelf options. I'm thinking my powder room might need a shelf.
 
Love this marble and brass shelf option. This might be my top contender. It's very similar to some others I found, but at a great price!
 
 
 
I kind of like the idea of the acrylic shelf so that the wallpaper still shines through.
 
 
I like the wood and brass combo of this little shelf.
 
 
 
I think this could be fun to do a grouping of floating brass shelf I need to decide where I'm going with these quickly and get them ordered fast!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment