Wednesday, April 6, 2016

One Room Challenge: Week One

Well, here we go...my very first One Room Challenge! I've been following the ORC for many years, and now I'm finally going to participate. This awesome challenge is hosted by Linda from Calling it Home. For those that are new to the ORC, it goes like this...20 designers are selected to participate in a challenge to transform a room in six weeks. Each Wednesday they blog about their progress and Thursday's are open to any guest participants, like me! I kind of decided late in the game so I'm a little nervous about getting everything done in time, but very excited to be a part of this super supportive community. I thought for my first ORC that I would start off small, so the room I will be doing is our downstairs powder room.
 

While the room is just fine, there is nothing really special about it. I've been wanting to add wallpaper somewhere in our house and now I have the perfect excuse to finally do it! I also want to replace fixtures, update our mirror and zhush it up with pretty accessories.


 
We had previously updated the sink and vanity so that will be staying. I also want to do something on the wall above the toilet, but I haven't quite figured out what direction I'm going in. I guess that's part of the fun!
 
 
 
The powder room is fairly small, but with high ceilings. I think the wallpaper will add some great visual interest and help fill that space.
 
 
One last picture with the lights off to show the light fixture that will soon be gone.
 
 
I'm not quite ready to reveal my full design plan, but definitely wanted to share some inspiration photos so you can get an idea of the direction I will be going in.
 
 
 
I love the idea of an oversized pattern, but in a more subtle neutral color way. Being a designer I love color, but in my spaces at home I'm a neutral girl through and through.
 

 
This space is divine! I just love the wallpaper pattern with the gold accents. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to keep mine all silver or go for mixed metals and add in gold/brass accents...decisions, decisions!
 

Source: the Zhush
 
I love this guest bath designed by Sue from the Zhush for the last ORC. She always designs beautiful spaces! I'm excited to see what she will be doing this time.
 
 
I thought I would leave you with a peek of the patterns and colorways that were in the running for the wallpaper. I just love getting all of the pretty paper samples! Makes me want to put wallpaper all around the house...I might have a slight problem...
 
 
Well, I hope to see you next Thursday where I will reveal my full design plan and some of the items I have chosen. I better go and get to work!
You can also follow me on Instagram!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment